Monday, February 6, 2017

What a Close Call!

Man, was that a close game last night or what?! Personally I didn't favor one team over the other, but I loved watching the game since football is football! After the first half, I thought it was going to favor the Flacons for sure! But what a come back The Patriots had in the second half, particularly the fourth quarter. They ended up tying the game with the Falcons and of course, they took the victory in the first drive of OT. WOW... what a close call!

Got me thinking of close calls and how often they occur in life. Have you ever had a butt-clenching moment in life that made you think "Whew! That was a close one!" or even "Bummer! I was so close!" I've had this occur with sports games I was cheering for, tests I've taken, or even meeting deadlines at work.

Since last year, I've been juggling being a mommy to my 16-month old and working from home. There have been a few days of this journey with getting some help watching him, whether it be from Daddy on the weekends or a Drop and Dash at MyGym. I certainly don't have a consistent routine with daycare or a babysitter, which means I'm trying to work during nap times and bed time. This makes for some close calls with my deadlines that I don't always favor. I'm the type of person who likes to plan my day and have a window to complete certain tasks, work or personal. The way that I work right now (on my LO's schedule) is stretching me in ways I never planned. In hindsight, it may have not been what I planned it to be, but it's working in the way it is now, even if it comes down to having close calls. BUT I am also learning that I would prefer it not to be this way forever! I need to balance some of this time I love spending with my LO and time for work (which I also love!).  The hubs and I have been visiting a few different potential schools that we might be interested in signing up our LO for on a part-time basis, which would totally allow me that planned time to work uninterrupted. So we're on a few waiting lists and shall see where this journey leads us to!

Lesson learned for me was always about the process. No matter what the outcome was in any given moment, it was more about HOW I got there and how hard I worked. My tip for you and those close calls in your life is to enjoy the process and appreciate the work you put forth to get to that outcome. Don't look back at the negatives and wish you coulda' shoulda' woulda' this and that... but look back and rejoice because I'm sure it helped you grow!
How do you deal with those close calls?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio