Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Rayna J. Inspiration

don't worry, be happy! free print from this website.:
{source}
Since we've visited Nashville for the bowl game, I have been ooh'ing and ahh'ing over the foundation and motherland of country music. So much so that I even started watching the series Nashville on ABC. I started with Season 1 episode 1 and now am in the midst of Season 4... and currently binge watching every second baby is down for the night and I don't have to grade papers.

Can I just say that I LOVE Rayna James! She's so down to earth, real and authentic. What I love about her the most is how she's able to be a mom, wife, and have the career of her lifetime even when it gets tough to balance it all. She has also really inspired me lately to be super patient and solution-oriented. For those of you who watch Nashville, I think you can agree that she rarely panics at her or others' problems and looks to be more positive and uplifting instead. Even if you can tell she may be doubting something, she still portrays positivity that this too, shall pass!

There's been a handful of times each day I would let some type of situation cloud my present moment of being. Sometimes that situation can come up multiple times in one day and make me stress or be anxious about what is going to happen. The reality is is that I'm not solving that situation multiple times a day when it comes up in my thoughts... I'm not getting anywhere by worrying about how things will pan out. Instead, I spend useless time just thinking about different possibilities, and of course worse case scenario.

This character of Rayna James often comes to my mind when things boggle my thoughts, her patience and solution-oriented personality inspires me to keep on pushing without stressing about what's going to happen. I've been telling myself, "Yes... I can do it all! I can be a wife, mommy and have my career." Things will progress and get better day by day as long as I stay faithful in God's plan [I also blogged here about different ways to overcome some of these feelings in addition to positive self-talk]!

What works for you when you stress about life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio