Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Character is Everything

How many times have you heard someone (or yourself) say things such as, "Don't ruin your reputation" or "Reputation is everything"? I can't lie if I said I've never spoke of reputation or jeopardizing it in some sort of fashion. But, in hindsight, CHARACTER just speaks volumes of yourself in comparison. Character refers to qualities based on an individual basis. It is unique to you and defines what you are, and how you portray yourself.

As I prepare to embark on the chapter of motherhood, I can't help but think about character... how I will honestly be as a mother - opposed to what others think of me. I strive to be compassionate, patient, loving, understanding yet disciplinary. It's not so much about what other mothers or family might think of me as a mother, but rather what I actually am doing to raise my sweet boy. As nervous as I am on this 6 week countdown, I do know that character means more to me now than it ever did before.

When you look back at your life, what's more important to you... who you truly are or what others think of you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio