Monday, August 10, 2015

Haymarket Farmers Market

I can't believe the first week of August has been checked off the list for 2015! I've been quite busy, productive and a tad bit lonely. Fall camp for football season officially started last week, starting off with UNL's Fan Day. For those of you who don't know, fall camp typically means the Hubs is out of commission for good family time until after the season. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE football season! But I do miss the Hubs... I'm just glad I get a few hours at night with him before he crashes and takes off in the morning to do it all over again (with endless energy!).

Time away from the Hubs means discovering more of Nebraska on my own (that is of course until my break-dancing son arrives in about a month... EEK!). This weekend, I discovered the cutest little Farmer's Market in the Haymarket district. The streets were filled with fiddlers, violinists, singers, a few dancers, farmers, bakers, gardeners, and of course Nebraska peeps! It was refreshing to be outside with a crowd like that... and it even stayed cool enough to not be sweating by the gallon while walking!

Does your loved one work his/her hearts away? What are some things that you do to stay occupied on the weekends?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

design + development by kelly christine studio